Your personal data
Personal data is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Identification can be as simple as a name or a number, IP address or cookie identifier or other factors. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the GDPR).
What information do we collect about you?
Personal data can include: name, date of birth, home address, home telephone number, private email address, photos.
Special category data can include: racial and ethnic origin, religion, age.
Privacy and cookies
- Google Analytics – this collects anonymous usage data that helps us monitor popular pages, traffic sources and other web statistics
- Remembering personal information, you enter forms, so that you won’t have to fill it in twice
Who are we?
Wealden Works is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Wealden Works complies with its obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To operate the Wealden Works website and deliver the services that individuals have requested
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at Wealden Works
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- To maintain our own records
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your verbal/written consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Completed hard copies or records are retained 3 years unless legal or contractual requirements indicate retention for a longer considered “live”. Please request our Document Retention Policy for full details.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Wealden Works holds about you
- The right to request that Wealden Works corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Wealden Works to retain such data
- The rights, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints in the first instance, please contact: Lisa Crozier, email@example.com or 07437 496651.
Adopted May 2018 to be reviewed annually